Friday, May 3, 2013

Why I Hate School but Love Education

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=y_ZmM7zPLyI

If you get a chance to watch this video link, take the six minutes. Spoken Word offers really thought provoking ideas on the differences between school and education. He actually has two videos that I know of on YouTube. I will be looking for more. I would love to hear your comments on this video or the other if you search for it. What can we fix or do better? What do we do well now? With what parts of the video do you agree/disagree? Our lessons don't only have to focus on rhetorical strategy or parts of speech. I would love our lessons to include thoughts on life skills and how they fit into our future as well. Remember, I don't agree with every part of either video, but I do believe they offer significant questioning on our educational processes! Let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment