Monday, December 10, 2012

Declaration of Independence from Grammar

I guess not everyone loves grammar like I do.  I can learn to accept that.

My Pre AP students recently read and broke apart the Declaration of Independence.  With that, they had to use the skill of mimicry.  Their assignment was to select an idea from which to declare themselves free.  They had to develop an introduction explaining a bit of the background, to arrange a minimum of 6 parallel justifications, and to establish a closure.

Believe me, you have to read to see the group's document on order to see the creativity in declaring themselves free from grammar.  In breaking their grammar rules, I love how they recognized what their English classes have taught them not to do.  Fun presentation!

Declaration of Independence from Grammar

No comments:

Post a Comment